Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for February 10, 2007 ~ My Groundhog Day...

I was reading in Yahoo 360*'s blog and the question was: If you could re-live any day of your life, which day would you choose?
And I would have to answer: my wedding day, 9 July, 1977.

There are so many days I would love, of course, the most important being my First Communion Day.
Then there are all the days I gave birth to my children.
And maybe the days when each of them discovered something new about life...how to hold a crayon. Or catch a snowflake on their tongue.
Or perhaps the day Andrea told me that she believed in the faeries in my gardens...just because I told her they were real. And that was enough.
I remember the day, in Autumn, I took Paul for a walk in his stroller and we collected leaves. There was one in particular that was especially colorful...and we took it home, pressed it in a piece of cellophane, and saved it in his baby book. I still have that leaf, and it is just as colorful as it was that day 27 years ago.
Maybe I could re-live that afternoon when we discovered Stephen's 'arm'...when he was 3.5 years old, playing baseball in the back yard with Theresa & Laura...he threw the ball to T, she missed, half-way across the yard, and it flew over the fence and landed all the way in the street!
There are just too many of these days, but still I remember the day I married Michael. Full of promise, love, music and more.
That day was the start of it all...and if I could, I would pick that day as my 'Groundhog Day'...to re-live.
And then, maybe ~ just maybe ~ with him, I could go back and do it all over again...

No comments: