Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for February 29, 2008 ~ A Week of Thought...

Sitting around...not a good thing to do for the most part, if one has any kind of a life to attend to, work to get done, errands that won't wait, and all the rest of what ever it takes to run a household of nine people. (For so long it was ten, but slowly we are seeing them leave the nest...)
A few months ago, I had a bad fall and sprained my R knee, as anyone who reads my Blog already knows. So, there I was, sitting around, reading & drawing, doing what I wanted to do to pass the time, waiting until I could walk again.
Now, of course, with a broken leg, there is going to be an even longer time before I can start moving around on my own again. I wrote in my Catholic Blog about what the word "musing" means to me in my life, how I have ample opportunity it seems, and how I use this word in both of its meanings.
I really like the word "muse" in that I have time to think more now that my family is grown and even tho' most of them still live here, they all have busy lives. The other meaning, the "Muse" that inspires an Artist, is always "on" in my head ~ leading me to create my work.
So, with that said, it seems that as I now have at least two-four months staring me in the face here; I will have alot of time for "musing."
In my other Blog, I mentioned that it must be God's will for me to be laid up at this time ~ how this happened to me at the near-beginning of Lent, I think, was no mere coincidence. He must be telling me that I need time to work on myself spiritually. And I must need the time to get some drawings done ~ looking at my table, with things backed up there is to see this is true ~ and
there will be no excuse now for not getting any of it done.
I have to say that, in a way, I am looking forward to it. I have never been the overly active type to begin with; as a kid I was always looking for a way to steal into my room to draw pictures. I was always happy when it was raining, so I could stay inside and read my Faerie Tales. Now, don't get me wrong ~ I loved doing things like riding my bike or playing in the sand ~ but to be on my own was my dream of a best day.
Right now, as I sit here, I am looking at a drawing of a bridal bouquet that I have to finish for my daughter Andrea. And I was also wondering, just this morning...maybe I should come up with a new drawing for my new grandson Andrew, when he is born in just over a month's time...theme of Teddy Bears 'n' Stars...I think I can have some fun with that!
In the meantime, I might as well make the best of being laid up, n'est pas?
I have some reading to catch up on for the OA; my consecration is coming up quickly, this April. I also have other reading to do so that I can finally be formally consecrated to Our Lady in the spirit of St. Louis de Montfort; I am already consecrated to Her in the Brown Scapular of Mt. Carmel, but I have always wanted to go to finish with the more formal one, as well.
This is, I think, the perfect time for me to catch up on my "life's musings," so to speak. That is the name I chose for this Blog, and that is the theme of this entry. I will most likely write more about my thoughts here...what I come up with as far as how I'm doing both spiritually and artistically, and if I make the progress that I would like to make, I will post that here. I have been presented this extra time, it was not my plan, believe me. But as long as it's here, I will make the most of it.

No comments: