Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for January 24, 2007 ~ The Blue Army (WAF)

I have been a member of the Blue Army (World Apostolate of Fatima) for nearly 27 years now, since our first son was a wee one, before we had our first daughter. I have loved being a member as it has taught me so much about Jesus Christ, Our Lady, the Church, the Angels and the Saints,...so much more than I can say!
(I was, as I have stated before, a Catholic long before this...all my life. I did go to Mass faithfully until I was about 22 years old, then I stopped for whatever reason until after I was married {in the Church} at the age of 26. When I became pregnant I decided that our child must be brought up with morals and values that nowhere on earth are taught as well as in this religion, so I went back to the Church of my childhood, and I have never regretted it!
Now, so many years later, ~ and so many more children ~ I can look back with no regrets.)
When I first went back I was talking to a priest and he told me to read, read, READ. I picked up a few books written by the Saints, and later joined the Blue Army, subscribing to their magazine, Soul...and that got me started on this lifelong journey into the Holy Roman Catholic Faith.
It all started one Sunday morning when Michael was working overtime @ Ford's and I couldn't sleep. It was about 6:30-7:00 am; I had gone to Saturday evening Mass, and was looking for something to watch on TV, when I came across this interview with John Haffert, one of the leaders of the US branch of the Blue Army. He was talking about Our Lady's messages at Fatima, and was so knowledgeable and so devoted to her that I decided to find out more. So I wrote to them, started saying more Rosaries, and a couple of weeks later they sent me my Pledge, a Scapular, and all the material I needed to read to better inform myself.
Being a member of this army of the Blessed Virgin takes in so much, yet it is so simple. All one needs to do is wear (be consecrated in) the Brown Scapular, say the daily Rosary, offer up daily duties, complete the Five First Saturdays. That's it.
Such a simple way to live an extraordinary life...it has truly shown me that God is indeed in the details! He has asked so little of us, I have a hard time understanding why anyone says 'no' to Him...
My faith in the Church and her truths has never failed me, even tho' I may have failed her on occasion. But there is one thing I know for sure ~ and I will take this to my deathbed ~ I will NEVER leave her again.
I know now that this is what I was meant to do. Praying the Rosary every day, and all the rest of it has taught me to have a never-failing faith in God that I never dreamed possible.
God, His most holy Mother, the Angels and the Saints (especially my Patrons and my Guardian Angel, Friend) have never let me down.
Whenever I have prayed for any intention, I have known that They were right there listening, God in His wisdom granting me a 'yes' or if 'no' then always something so much better.
And I credit the Blue Army with showing me so much of the way home...I just pray that God and Our Lady are as happy with me as I have been with Them. ~ moi.


'There can be no peace between men unless there is peace within each one of them, unless, that is, each one builds up within himself the order wished by God...' ~ Bl. Pope John XXIII (1881-1963).

1 comment:

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

* Lisa
I can't remember--are you also a member of the Association of the Miraculous Medal? It seems the WAF and the AMM go hand in hand. I love them both!
Wednesday January 24, 2007 - 07:04pm (PST)

* JennD
hi Lisa! Yes I am ... I've been a member of the AMM for many years! :)
They do such wonderful work, don't they? You are a member too, aren't you? I seem to remember you posting to the Group about the AMM a couple of months ago...
Wednesday January 24, 2007 - 11:10pm (EST)