Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for July 02, 2007 ~ What to Write...

I am not really a writer...I am an artist. I love to draw; I would spend my entire day doing it if I could. Writing, to me, came as an afterthought.
Everyone I know has a Blog ~ either here, on Google's Blogger, SquareSpace, or w/e ~ and everyone writes! All the time! Who knew?!!
And surprisingly, they find plenty to say as well...
My own husband, my children, nearly all of them have one. Personally, I think it's great! I can go to anyone's Blog and get an inside glimpse into their day, whether or not they shared it with me.

Three of the girls are writers, taking college courses in journalism, screenplays, and free form fiction. So the fact that they all write should come as no surprise to me or to any else who knows them.
But my husband, on the other hand, is a prolific Blogger ~ and I never would have expected that at all! He has always been one to tell a good story, or have an opinion...but his own Blog?
And it is hilarious! I read it nearly every day. He has so many memories of his childhood, jokes to tell about happenings back then or even now...he is always telling me, 'I added to my Blog today.' And I have to go there...
I enjoy writing myself, but until I got older, I never really thought I had much to share...except with the select few who were close to my life. But to write for the general population, for perfect strangers to see how I think, how I feel, sharing my deepest secrets from my own past...now that is something! And I have to say, I am just as surprised by that as anyone.
If anyone reads my Blog they get a small view into my soul. And that's fine...
If no one does, then that's fine too. At least I can still write for myself.
But having a Blog (actually, I have two ~ here and also @ Google's 'Blogger') has certainly shown me that I don't need to be a published author to 'get my thoughts out there' so to speak ~
And, so far, it's been fun...

No comments: