Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for July 21, 2008 ~ Like A Weed...

And isn't he growing?!? Like a weed, as they say...
I must admit to being in love ~ all over again ~ every time I see this little guy I am "hooked."
How well I remember years ago, after each of my children was born, being completely smitten with a new face, a new cry, a new pair of eyes...eyes that would gaze into mine, bore into me, as it were, seeing things that I barely knew about myself!
Love completely and forever given......
Then there is the birth of a grandchild, one who is, by all rights, the one who has nothing to gain by missing me, and yet, nothing to lose by knowing me, either! lol...
I do not get to see Andrew every day; he lives, of course, with my son and his wife, about fifteen miles away. I do get to see him once or twice a week, and these visits have become so precious to me and to his grandpa Mike ~ I would hate to miss one, to find out that while we were out, they stopped by and had to leave before we got home. To see how he has grown since his birth, doubling his weight, out-growing his colic, learning to do things like hold his bottle or respond to someone whom he knows and who loves him...
I hate to say it, but I believe I may be in the greatest danger of wanting to see him more and more ~ not less, like some grandparents who cannot wait to"hand the grandkids over" to the parents and go about their lives again, just as if there were no interruptions worth bothering about...all the while saying ~ or rather fooling themselves really ~ that they already raised their children, leave the new ones to the parents and please not to "bother me with all that again!"
No, not for me, that...I want to be a favorite of his, of all my grandchildren...whether I have one, two, ten,
fifty...
There is a good chance that, as the mother of eight, two of whom are married now, I will have many grandchildren. I can't wait for the day that a daughter or son of mine tells me that there is to be another blessed event!
And this, to me, is the biggest reward to being absolutely pro-life ~ the more children with which my family is blessed by Almighty God, the better I will love it. To watch them all grow and become whoever they are meant to be is a privilege and an honor...a real treat!
The more I get to see them the more I will like it, the better ~ and more complete ~ my life will be for it...and believe me, I am all about making my life as complete as I possibly can!

1 comment:

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

* Laura
Mom, I just love this one! That picture is perfect! I keep dreaming of little "Popeye"'s kisses, and that picture just makes me want to pick him up! I just adore this kid! Love the blog and love you lots! xo ~Laura
Tuesday July 22, 2008 - 11:54am (EDT)