Saturday, November 29, 2008

Maybe, Maybe Not...

Ok, so the winner is...tada! me? huh?!? According to the powers that be @ http://www.typealyzer.com , I am a "performer"...but maybe I'm not.

The analysis indicates that the author of http://jenn39.blogspot.com/ is of the type:

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.
stronger on feeling/sensing side than thinking side
Why do I get different results on different blogs?
That means that you are not ABSOLUTELY stuck in a box (blink-blink)! How we write are affected by how we are feeling at the moment and how we see ourselves. We might think it is important to sound “serious” or “personal” - we might be under a lot of stress or feeling relaxed. This text analysis gives a snapshot by looking at the communication style of the text. Looking on the results over a period of time will give more confident results about how a blogger “normally” prefer to communicate.

Funny how every one of my Blogs says something different about me; at least two of them do ~ the third agrees with the second!

For example, I don't know how entertaining I am, but I do consider myself friendly, albeit still somewhat shy even from my childhood. I do plan ahead, but thinking about my plans can sometimes give me an over-stressed-out headache! Just ask my husband Mike...recently we switched our cable/Internet/phone service from Comcast to AT&T, and the entire "plan" kept me up for two nights, worrying about "all that hassle, is this the right thing for us to do, yadda-yadda..." but after it was all done, it was the easiest transition I have ever seen! The Internet is fine, the phone is fine, the cable TV, altho' new channel numbers are never fun to get used to, is fine!

But in light of this recent experience, I guess you could say that, to a point at least, I do NOT like to plan things ahead. Change makes me nervous, even sometimes depressed. Switching carriers is not exactly a cause to be depressed, but still...after nearly fifteen years?!? Definitely nerve-wracking...

I do have to admit that I enjoy being helpful; being a Christian I am a firm believer in the virtue of Charity ~ and I hope I practice it often!

As far as confrontation is concerned, I leave that to the more erudite among us...I hate an argument! With my asthma, I am fond of saying that life is too short and I refuse to waste my limited breath on fighting! Let the next guy take this one! Nope, not for me...I am much better at words on paper, or talking calmly to solve a disagreement ~ that is more my style.

So, all in all, even tho' this site tells me that I am "not stuck in a box, nor am I the same every day, with every Blog I write," I have to say that it is still me, nevertheless...so maybe this is me, and yet, maybe it is not!

No comments: