Monday, May 21, 2018

Wired...


I was just sitting here, thinking...it's been a couple of months since I last posted; alot has gone on in that time!
One major development has been the end to a 22-year reign of the braced teeth! All eight of them (the kids, that is) have had a run-in with one or the other of our family orthodontists ~ from Paul's nighttime retainers (which he barely wore) to the last tightening of the screws in Stephen's poor sore mouth!
I had to put up with wires myself for nearly 6.5 years ~ Christmastime in my fourth grade year all the way up til Eastertime in my tenth grade year...and boy, did I feel great when THAT was over with!!!
Now, I see all of my nearest and dearest going through the same things ~ pretty much for the same reasons, give or take ~ and I have to wonder how did we ever get through it all?!?

(NOTE TO READER: This post was actually written several years ago, as my kiddos are all well past the age of having to wear braces, but when I came here to renew my blog, I saw that it was never published. So I am presenting it now, just to "clear my cache," as it were.)
#movingon  

No comments: