Monday, January 14, 2019

This question was asked the other day @ Quora.com, a forum to which I belong, where people ask questions, make comments, and others *myself, for instance* post responses. I thought it was worth sharing here in my Blog, since it's all about me anyways, soooo....here ya go ~ "What does it mean when someone is in their “own little world?” My friend said this about her son, who’s a teenager, and I don’t understand what she meant." Here is my reply: "Speaking as someone who has 'been in her own little world' for nearly 70 years now, I guess I’ll take a stab at this one. My own mother, for as far back as I can remember, had a favorite saying *when describing me, her 4th child*: 'Jennifer is always on CLOUD NINE.' By this I always assumed she meant that I was a daydreamer…which I was. Big time. (But I have a favorite comeback to this, which I will relate in a minute.) I am an artist. I am ~ have always been ~ super-sensitive to others’ remarks, to Nature around me (I follow butterflies, if that gives you any idea), to the stars at night (I could gaze at them for hours), to anything that touches my senses. I am not ~ nor have I ever been ~ practical, left-brained, down-to-earth. I cry at the drop of a hat. I laugh every day ~ at least twice. ;) I don’t judge a stranger. I have in my mind CONSTANTLY my next creative endeavor. I have eight children, who are all adults, yet I still wish they all lived with me. So. Now that you know a little bit about me, maybe this will give you some idea of a good example of someone who, even at the ripe old age of 68 years, has always been, still is, and will forever be 'in her own little world.' It hasn’t always been easy being this way…I don’t think my Mom ever understood me. And if she were alive today, I still don’t think she would. It’s just the way of the world ~ some of us 'have our feet firmly planted on the ground' while others (like me) would much rather interact with the Angels."

No comments: