Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for January 10, 2007 ~ Our Lady, Queen of Heaven and Earth...

I would like to dedicate my first blog, after my introductory ones, to Our Lady, Queen of Heaven and Earth.
One of the best things I can think to say about her is the fact that she is the most lovely and loving creature God has ever created ~ His most perfect dove! She is the Mother of God ~ daughter of the Father, mother of the Son, spouse of the Holy Spirit.
When I was in the First Grade, I was in Sister Maxine's class, in Holy Angel Hall @ St. Joan of Arc parish. Near the end of the year, she had a painting of Our Lady and her Immaculate Heart for auction to the student who gave the right number...from one to one hundred.
There were 54 children in the classroom, I was near the back of the fifth row, one more row after ours.
All I could think of, all the way through the 'contest' was 'Please, no one pick number three!' And, lo and behold, no one did! When it came to my turn, I practically blurted out, 'Three!!!' and Sister said, 'You win! It's three!' ...stepping aside to reveal the small 'three' she had written on the chalkboard.
I was so excited, I carried it home with such pride! My mom hung it above my bed...and there it hung for the next eighteen years.
As I grew older, I began learning more about this wonderful Mother of ours...her Immaculate Heart and the role it plays in the revelations at Fatima, the reason for the Five First Saturdays Devotion and the Double Great Novena, together with her Divine Son, Jesus Christ and His Sacred Heart.
This is the reason I joined the Blue Army, the World Apostolate of Fatima. I love Our Lady and her Son. I want to devote all my life to making them happy. I want to be a Saint.
She has given her children the easiest and best way to Heaven possible ~ through her to her Son.
St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort said it best when he wrote, in True Devotion, 'She is so transformed into You by grace that She lives no more, She is as though She were not. It is You only, my Jesus, Who lives and reigns in Her... Ah! If we knew the glory and the love which You receive in this admirable creature... She is so intimately united with You... She loves You more ardently and glorifies You more perfectly than all the other creatures put together.'
Oh, if only everyone would heed what he wrote and what she asked for at Fatima! Then we would have peace, family life would be secure, abortion and birth control would be a thing of the past! We would then have Heaven on Earth!!!
I pray for that day...moi.

No comments: