Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for January 29, 2007 ~ The Road Less Traveled...

'The crow flies straight, but he makes many stops to steal anything shiny and fleeting. The well-seasoned traveler follows the longer path to take in the sights along the way.' ~ JD.

My life has taken many twists and turns and I look back to say, 'I am glad to be here. Here, where God has placed me at this time ~ here, with my loves and my home.'
There has been much discussion about whether it is better to live a short, full life or to live a longer one and have nothing to show for all the years.
Well, I have to say that, for my part, I am one of the lucky ones...I have had the best of both. I have taken the 'road less traveled'...I have taken in the sights along the way. I have come to many detours and have taken every last one of them. I have been shown the easy way and I have turned away from it. I see my life as one steady ramble down the road of experiences that God has placed in my path.
He blesses me with trials and tribulations that He has allowed to happen to test and strengthen my Faith in Him. He has given me this wonderful opportunity to give Him eternal thanksgiving. He will yet receive the full fruits of my gratitude...someday I will see Him face to Face and I will fall on mine...in grateful worship and praise.
When one is studying to become what one wants to be, whether in school or later, it is sometimes necessary to practice much patience as the way to the end is not easy, nor is it short. It is, however, worth every step of the pilgrimage to reach the final goal. Whatever the subject of study, it must be learned, step by laborious step. This is what makes life so worthwhile. If we truly learn from our experiences, we will be better for the trying.
I have a wealth of memories from living with the family that God has given to me. I love them each in my heart, for who they are and for who they will be in eternity. I look back and see the steps of my life's travels and I cannot imagine it without any of the loves of my life.
I never thought I would live long enough to have over fifty years worth of memories, but here I am. I remember my life and I thank the Almighty for the journey.

1 comment:

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

* There…
That was B-E-A-U-T-ful! Very well put. Also, I like the picture! Love you, Mom!
~T
Tuesday February 6, 2007 - 06:00pm (EST)

* Laura
I really like that one, Mom! I think I feel a tear...
Love you, Mom!
Love, Laura
Wednesday February 7, 2007 - 10:36am (EST)