Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for May 08, 2007 ~ The Princess Complex...

Paris Hilton is going to jail. Forty-five days for supposedly breaking the law, all the while claiming that she is the victim, she didn't know, it's so unfair, blah-blah-blah...
I'm not so sure.
She's like a princess who never had to account for her bad behavior...'...just take it out on my whipping girl ~ I am not accountable to anyone! I am a Hilton!!!'
Her mother, Kathy Hilton, makes a spectacle of herself in the courtroom...in front of the media, the judge and lawyers, and worst of all, in front of her daughter.
People born with silver spoons in their mouths do not deserve the idol worship heaped upon them by the rest of society. Who do they think they are? Where do they get this notion that they are above the law, above the rest of us? If they consider us their inferiors, why do we continue to care? Why should we pay them the least mind?
Now she is going through an appeal process ~ trying anything and everything she can come up with to get out of serving her time.
Her mother's behavior only goes to prove that all her life, Paris has probably been sheltered from any consequences of her actions...that she truly has no idea that what she was doing was wrong.
Whether or not she deserves to serve any jail time will be up to the appeals judge ~ and I don't envy him at all. I would not want to be the object of Kathy Hilton's tirade...I mean, Heaven forbid, am I not the boss of my own courtroom? Do I not have the final say? Is there something I'm missing here?
I would not want my daughters to want to emulate Paris Hilton, or anyone else like her, for a million dollars ~ or the entire Hilton fortune. I would rather they felt comfortable in their own skin, followed the conscience that God gave them, and lived a normal life.
I do not envy Paris or her mother one bit ~ I feel sorry for them. If Paris is indeed innocent then the truth will come out. If she is guilty, then she should not be above the law that professes to protect her and the rest of us from our own mistakes.
Silver spoon or no silver spoon, they must be treated just like everyone else when it comes to the law...
No, I do not envy them. I pity them.
And I will keep them in my prayers...

No comments: