Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for September 13, 2007 ~ Laid up...

Bad knees...all my life,...bad knees.
I have had trick knees all my life. When I was a toddler, learning to walk and run, I'm sure I gave my parents reason to pause. Falling over all of the time would have been no cause for concern at first, I'm sure. But several times in a row, with nothing in the way, falling to one side or the other...and then, the screaming starts. The nausea, the shock, the shaking leg...
I know this is pretty graphic for my usual blogs, but it's the true beginning of my life.
Since I am an artist, I don't mind taking time to draw for hours at a time ~ in fact, it is the life's blood of my existence. Being laid up half of the time with trick knees, as painful as that sounds, was actually a blessing in disguise ~ in a way. The time I spent sitting around with my pencils, while other children were outside climbing trees, riding bikes, running and playing tag...not a problem.
I have already written here about how shy I was growing up; it was extremely difficult for me to make friends, and I have no problem admitting that.
Now, with this sprained knee of mine propped up on pillows, the heating pad on low, it brings back so many memories of those days gone by ~ and it also gives me a chance to catch up on so many things, like drawing, reading, blogging...all those things one does while 'sitting around' anyways.
I guess there's not too much to say about a sprained knee, except 'hey, get better quick!' ...and, believe me, this is no bid for sympathy. It is strictly me, myself, making an observation.
Remembering how it was all those years ago, and here I am...nothing much has changed, that's for sure!
I am no Wonder Woman, leaping over tall buildings in a single bound! I have no magical powers to take away the pain, the memory of how this happened *ouch* and no crystal ball to predict how long it will be before I am no longer laid up.
But meanwhile, I can use the time......

No comments: