Sunday, August 24, 2008

(First Entry ~ 2 Jan., 2007) My life's beginnings...

I am Jennifer. This is my life.
I was born in Detroit, MI, on 1 September, 1950, at Holy Cross Hospital to Chester and Bernardine Bidigare.
I have an older brother, Jeff, two older sisters, Anne and Sue, a younger sister Linda, and a younger brother, Steve.
We grew up in St. Clair Shores, a northern suburb of Detroit, in a big white clapboard house with a huge yard, wonderful neighbors, and much laughter and love.
My Dad worked for 38 years for Michigan Bell Telephone Co. and my Mom stayed home with us children all day.
We went to St. Joan of Arc Catholic school, starting out in Holy Angels' Hall, til in the second grade, we were 'merged' into the main building across the lot...and this was our parish as well. I have been a Roman Catholic all of my life, since my Baptism at the tender age of three weeks, and I cannot think of anything else I would rather be.
Since my childhood, I have felt a devotion to Our Blessed Lady, especially under her titles of the Rosary and the Immaculate Heart ~ hence, my decision many years later, after my marriage ~ to join the Blue Army, or the World Apostolate of Fatima. I did this a few months before I had our daughter Mary, who was named after Our Lady, and I have been a member ever since...and now our daughters Theresa & Laura are members also!
My marriage, speaking of that, is to a wonderful, funny, caring man named Michael DeFillippo. We have been together for nearly thirty-two years, married for twenty-nine. We have eight children, two more in Heaven: Paul, 27; Mary, 25; Theresa & Laura, 24; Andrea, 23; Clare, 21; Julia, 20; Stephen, 18.
Paul was married this past 27 October, 2006, to a lovely girl, Kristy, 25. They live about 15 miles away from us ~ I wish it could be closer, but for now I must be content that we see them as often as possible. :) This picture is of myself and my husband, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, where they were married, which is the Seat of His Eminence, Adam Cardinal Maida.
Anyway, this is my blog entry for today...it pretty much sums up my life so far. There is so much more to say, but for now, this will do...more maybe tomorrow?

No comments: