Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Good Start...

Well, well, well... It's been forever since I posted here, but I think it's about time for an update. My life has been going along, day by day, much like it always has...nothing really too new here, no big problems, no life changes, all is well.
But I do have this video of Dr. Laura S., whom I greatly admire & to whom I listen as regularly as I possibly can. In this particular tape, taken from her account @
YouTube.com, she counsels a young wife & mother who, sadly, is not happy with her "nearly perfect" situation, and wants to know: should she try to get a nanny to help with her children? She would just enjoy them so much more, she is absolutely positive!!!
Oh, puh-
leeze!!! give me a break!!! Here is Dr. Laura's "take" on the situation which is very much to the point & "motherly": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVW0Vlnbss .
I have a signed copy of this book,
A Salute to Stay-at-Home Moms, which I read from cover to cover & I must say that I couldn't agree with her more! Dr. Laura is, herself, a stay-at-home Mom to a now-grown young man, stationed overseas in the military...and she waxes eloquent every chance she gets about the trials, joys & blessings of her vocation ~ not as a doctor of Psychology, not as a radio talk-show host, but as a MOM.
And I couldn't agree with her more.

No comments: