Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for April 07, 2008 ~ Finally Here...

This is a blog entry that I have waited for months to write.
When our son Paul told me on my birthday that I was to become a Grandmother, I was so excited I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I jumped up and hugged him so tightly, with the tears in my eyes...and everyone else standing around, watching and laughing.
After having raised a family of eight children and seeing the oldest take a wife, I knew it was a matter of time before this would come, God willing. And it did ~ and not too long did we have to wait, either.
They were married in October, 2006, and barely a year later, in September, 2007, came the news. So, as becoming Grandparents goes, we were blessed that we received such a gift in such a short time.
But then the real waiting began...
Finally, however, thank the Good Lord, our little Andrew Michael was born this morning ~ and I was so happy to finally meet this little soul who had kept us all in suspense for so long.
The only thing I regret is the fact that he is not mine...so I cannot take him home and see him every day, watch him as he grows, learns and becomes a man.
I, as his Grandmother, will have to be content to watch from a distance. So, as a Grandmother, the game is totally new and different for me than it has been for the past thirty years.
I just hope that it will be enough.

1 comment:

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

* Amy I
OH! Jenn! You made me cry again!
Amy I
Friday April 11, 2008 - 01:56am (CDT)

* JennD
Amy ~ They came by the other day and he has already gained two pounds! :) He is so strong and alert...I am head over heels!
And when he looks into your eyes and gives you that look like, "O, who are you now? A new face I must get to know..." it makes you melt!
God bless his little heart...J. xo
Wednesday April 30, 2008 - 09:20am (EDT)