Sunday, August 24, 2008

Entry for October 23, 2007 ~ Back Home...

My Michael is home again ~ after another stay in the hospital, this time for his kidneys and blood pressure.
Why is it that we sometimes take for granted how we feel about someone or assume that he or she will always be here for us?!? I try not to but after more than thirty years with this wonderful, loving man, I admit that I sometimes do exactly that.
I don't mean to say that I 'walk all over him' ~ that's not it at all. It's just that, until something happens, we go through our 'day to day' thinking that it will always be like this...
We got a call from the doctor late Thursday evening telling us that he needed to go to the ER for some blood work; it seems that a blood panel (which was ordered mysteriously by we still don't know whom) showed that his potassium was higher than it was supposed to be...so we went in Friday morning, and found out about the blood pressure as well.
When one is a diabetic, one must be so careful with everything it seems...eating, medicines, doctor's appointments, exercise...EVERYTHING!
He ended up spending the next three days as an inpatient, with his BP and his potassium being closely monitored, and he stabilized on Sunday, so he was discharged. I have him back now and I am back to my calm self.
But I can honestly say that I will never, EVER, for my entire life, take one moment with my dearest for granted ~ ever, ever, EVER!!!
'nuff said......

No comments: